Western Wake Farmers Market announces June events
The Western Wake Farmers' Market has numerous events planned for the month of June. Market hours are 8 a.m. to noon each Saturday through November and 3:30-6:30 p.m. each Tuesday through September.
Throughout June, the market will host a wide variety of events, educators and musicians:
- June 2: Pick up a few planting techniques from local gardener Jason Blackley and learn about backyard chickens and the upcoming vote in the Town of Cary about keeping backyard chickens from Cary Chickens; music by Kyle Scobie.
- June 9: Stop by to taste the delicious spring creations of chef Scott Crawford of Herons Restaurant at The Umstead Hotel and Spa; music by No Worries.
- June 16: In honor of Father's Day, it's Meat Day at the market. Come learn about all the different types of meat available and how to prepare them in delectable recipes. Alice Alexander from the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association will be in the education tent, with music by Thunder & Spice.
- June 23: Stop by the education tent to learn how to make your home more energy-efficient from Yes! Solar Solutions; music by CityFolk.
- June 30: Kids of all ages can find the mysteries, comedies and tragedies at the farmers market from the West Regional Library; music by Stevan Jackson, with a kickoff July 4 celebration.
The market includes fresh seasonal produce, flowers, herbs, baked goods, eggs, cheese, meats and seafood, as well as coffee, tea, local honey, and hand-crafted soaps. To learn more, visit www.westernwakefarmersmarket.org.