Western Wake Farmers Market announces September lineup
The Western Wake Farmers' Market in Cary has announced a variety of events for September. Market hours are 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays and include the following themed events:
- Sept: 1: Celebrate Labor Day with Susan Sink, The Tarheel Foodie, who will have recipes and samples featuring seasonal market ingredients; music by No Worries.
- Sept. 8: It's Potato Day at the market, where guests can discover the variety of potatoes available and participate in toss and potato sack races for kids; Whole Foods Cary will have recipes and samples featuring potatoes, with music by Kyle Scobie.
- Sept. 15: Guests can get lost in the mystery and discover the fantasy of books available at West Regional Library; music by Motley Tones.
- Sept. 18: It's 5% Day at Whole Foods Cary, with 5% of all sales benefitting Western Wake Farmers' Market.
- Sept. 22: Learn healthy recipes and how to make quick, easy, local meals from Sprouting Souls; music by CityFolk.
- Sept. 29: Fall Gardening Demonstration, featuring all you need to know about planting a fall and winter garden, by the Morrisville Community Garden; music by Justin Johnson.
The market is located at 1225 Morrisville Carpenter Road and is open year-round. For more information, visit www.westernwakefarmersmarket.org.