A Spectacular Air Show
By Haley Gray
Who It’s For: Everyone
When It Is: April 27-28, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where It Is: Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro
Cost: Free entry and parking; upgrades available
The area’s most spectacular air show occurs every two years, and is expected to be a great show again in 2019.
Wings Over Wayne is held at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro, N.C., just about an hour from Raleigh.
Planes, food, and a fantastic Kids’ Zone are available for attendees. There are also a number of restaurants and hotels in the surrounding area if you wish to make an overnight trip out of your visit.
An all day pass to the Kids’ Zone is $10 and includes bounce slides, trampolines, obstacle courses, and much more fun for the kids in the group!
Performers include the Thunderbirds, the Black Daggers, as well as many other demos and flight shows during the two day period.
What to know before you go:
- You may wish to bring hearing protection with you as this event can be extremely LOUD.
- You may not bring in coolers, large strollers, etc. Check their website for details.
- Water bottles are allowed, and there will be filtered water stations available.
- Also, please leave pets at home as they are not permitted.
- Check the website for the FAQ of what is and is not permitted at the show.
- Parking can be limited, and you may have to walk a distance to get to the air show. Plan to arrive early, or plan to walk as 100,000 people are expected to attend.
- For traffic updates, tune into 1610 AM for up-to-the-minute conditions.
- Bring snacks and beverages in a cooler, and keep them in the car so that you have them when you leave.
- Food and beverage options are available for purchase during the event.
Learn more: https://www.wingsoverwayneairshow.com/ #WOW19