If you’re looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day but are tired of the traditional dinners, candy hearts, and flowers, listen up! Here are five (unconventional) ways to surprise your loved ones, in Western Wake and beyond!
- If you enjoy running with your significant other, you won’t want to miss Cupid’s Undie Run on Feb. 17! Hundreds of people in Raleigh will brave the cold in just their undies, the nation’s largest pantless party and mile(ish) run for charity. The event raises awareness of neurofibromatosis (NF), a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body and fundraises for NF research through the Children’s Tumor Foundation.
- Think outside the box of chocolates this Valentine’s Day and take your sweetheart on this entertaining walking tour featuring historic local love stories, some of which end tragically in broken hearts! This year’s Valentine’s & Galentine’s Day Love Stories & Broken Hearts Walking Tour is pay-what-you-want (cash only), but advance signup IS required! Three tours will be offered on Feb. 10 and one on Feb 17, starting at the Governor’s Mansion in downtown Raleigh and finishing near the Legislative Building/History Museum.
- Head to Downtown Cary Park for Valentine’s Date Night in the Park on Wednesday, Feb. 14, from 5-9 p.m. Enjoy an evening of easygoing elegance, live jazz music by the Angela Bingham Duo, and a cozy romantic ambience. Delight your taste buds with a local food truck on Academy Street, and while supplies last, get crafty with cute couples’ crafts inside Academy Pavilion. This program is free to attend. Keep in mind, RSVPs on Eventbrite do not guarantee you a space, they just help the town plan for how many people to expect.
- Would you like to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the whole family? Don’t miss the Valentine’s on Ballentine Family Dance and Celebration on Feb. 10 at the Holly Springs Cultural Center! Tickets purchased online are $12 through Feb. 9, but can be purchased at the door for $14. Children 3 and under are free. Dance the afternoon away, enjoy crafts and games for all ages, capture timeless memories at an enchanting photo booth, enjoy complimentary hot chocolate, and much more! Purchase tickets using activity code 1364511 here.
- If you and your loved one are a bit on the nerdy side (no shame in that), why not celebrate Valentine’s Day at The Geekery? Spend quality time with your partner(s) and enjoy a special menu that includes one appetizer, a choice between two entrees, a dessert sampler, and a bottle of wine. You and your partner(s) will have access to the game library and will receive table service. Space is limited, so sign up today!