In bloom is a semi-dry cider with hints of local elderberry syrup noticed upfront along with a slightly tart taste. It finishes with smooth notes of cinnamon and local honey.
About East Bower Cider Company: Opened in August 2022 in Raleigh’s new East End Market by Dustin Walker and Oliver Koch, East Bower Cider tends to stray from super-sweet ciders you may be used to, instead leaning toward drier ciders more comparable to dry sparkling wine. They feature eight rotating ciders on tap (they also serve beer). This spring and summer, look for ciders incorporating flavors of strawberries, peaches, and perhaps a spicy blend with habaneros. Visit them on Instagram @eastbowerciderco.
More From Our Mar-Apr 2023 Issue
- Garden Adventurer: The Bodacious Crossvine
- Celebrated Spirits: Bebesota
- Celebrated Spirits: In Bloom
- Hole-in-the-Wall Haunts
- Out & About in Wake County: March / April 2023
- Take a Flying Leap
- Beautiful Beaufort by the Sea
- Pay It Forward: Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail
- On Trend: Eco-Friendly Outdoor Gear
- Erica Chats: Plenty to See in NC
- The Gatorbug Boutique
- Small Business Spotlight: Unorthodox Vintage